Sunday, May 1, 2016

#8

This young man turned 8 one week ago today.  I asked him a couple of weeks before his birthday if he wanted a gift or if he wanted lunch and to go shopping to pick his present out himself.  He picked the shopping trip.

Yesterday was the day.  Mr. O. is a pretty easy keeper.  He didn't want to go to Big Town an hour away.  He was content with WalMart 10 miles from home.  I did tell him he ought to know how much I love him if I took him to WalMart on a Saturday afternoon.  Yikes!  I barely do WalMart at 6:30am on a weekday morning. But I digress.



He picked a lunch of cheese curds, Dr. Pepper and strawberry shortcake frozen custard. It's his birthday afterall!  

After lunch and shopping, we even made a stop at a new little candy store nearby.

We had a wonderful afternoon together and I, for one, loved the one on one time!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. He ate some of my favorites. :D

    ReplyDelete