Friday, June 26, 2015

Rainy Skies


We've had so much of these skies lately, 


I've almost forgotten what this kind of sky looks like. :(  

We are definitely soggy here in the Midwest but compared to what Texas and other areas of the country have gotten, I guess we shouldn't complain too much.  

The weather just isn't real conducive to a few things that need to get done or that I want to get done.  Can I ever finish painting the deck spindles for cryin' outside??  I started it the last week in May.  The can says not to paint unless no rain is forecast for the next 24 hours. well..... I don't think we've had that. :(  

We did have a nice day last Sunday but we were gone to our sons for Fathers Day.  No painting, but a nice day with family. L smoked a brisket. :)  I might not have been celebrating Fathers Day myself but smoked brisket makes this mama's taste buds happy for sure!  Here's a picture from the day of our two youngest grands.  They're pretty cute together.  

So precious!  They will both be a year old within the next two months.

Today I've been preparing for our annual "Grandma Camp".  To make it manageable, I established an age limit this year.  They have to be 4 years old and totally potty trained so it's just our oldest 3 grands this time around.  Next year, we'll likely have one more join who is 3 and then a few years later, the two babes above will join the tribe for camp. So for now, crafts are prepped, field trips are planned and some food is prepared.  Think I'll go out and take a walk before the fun begins in the morning. I'm excited!    



2 comments:

  1. I wish you could send us some of that rain! Seems like it has been all around us, but not here! We've gotten enough to wet the driveway in about a month. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop mowing! But I love this mild July weather. I'm from Texas and this ain't at all like Texas. But the corn sure is growing and the Illinois River nearby is flooding. We are uphill. Hope you had a great time with the grands. Ours will be here next weekend and I can't wait. I've got a few new things too to share fun. Have a happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete