Sunday, June 28, 2015

Evening Walk

We have a path that runs through the fields down to a creek not quite a half mile behind our house.  It's where the coyotes run.  We've never seen them but can sure hear them.  


There's always a wildflower or two blooming along this path.  The Queen Anne's Lace in the first picture below is one of my favorites.





As I mentioned in my last post, we've had alot of rain this month.  A bit of the corn in the bottom was flooded out and even still had standing water in it.


The creek was moving pretty fast for no bigger or deeper than it is.  I write "creek" but call this type of body of water a "crick".  What do you call it in your neck of the woods?  A "creek" or a "crick"?  or maybe a "stream"?



The sun was setting on the way back up to the house.  I say up because it's ALL uphill on the way home.  


It was a beautiful evening for a walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment