Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Deliciousness!

You've probably seen a version of this recipe floating around the internet the past few years.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to try it.  Sometimes I'm slow like that. :(

This is the original recipe ... 

Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can whole kernel corn, undrained
1 pkt. Fiesta Ranch dressing dip mix
8 oz. cream cheese
Place in a crock pot on high for 4-6 hours.

Here' s what I did ...
2 frozen boneless chicken breasts (there are only two of us!)

1 can black beans, drained
1 can mild Rotel tomatoes
No corn
1 pkt. ranch dressing mix (it's what I had in the cupbaord)
4 oz. low fat cream cheese
ground red pepper, to taste (I didn't use the Fiesta Ranch)
roasted garlic powder, to taste
salt, a little sprinkle

Place in a crock pot on low all day.




Sorry for the half-eaten picture but it smelled so good it never crossed my mind to take a picture beforehand.  

We had it for supper with a baked sweet potato and green salad - complete and utter deliciousness!
And the bonus is it took me less than 5 minutes to throw it together before I left for work this morning!




No comments:

Post a Comment